ABOUT ARCH UAM GLOBAL CHALLENGE
1. Why are you running the ARCH UAM Global Challenge?
To introduce Urban Air Mobility to citizens, we believe the best way is to give them an opportunity to experience it firsthand. UAM Flight simulator technology is available today, and it can offer the real-life Jetsons flight adventure today.
As an open innovation platform, the UAM Flight Simulation Hub (prize of the challenge) helps cities build UAM CityLabs/Ecosystems and bring together citizens, cities, academia, NGOs, industry, regulators, policy makers and others.
The real value of UAM flight simulator comes down to gaining public acceptance, route optimization, validation of different UAM business models, urban planning, UAM integration into MaaS, advanced policy making and more.
2. How is this funded?
The ARCH UAM Global Challenge is funded by the companies AV Living Lab Ltd. and Nervtech Ltd. For more information, please read terms and conditions.
1. How do I apply our city for the ARCH UAM Global Challenge?
You can apply by visiting this website and clicking the button Apply. This will take you to an online questionnaire, where you will be able to answer the required questions to apply.
2. What are the key dates of the ARCH UAM Global Challenge?
The Application for the ARCH UAM Global Challenge is open until the end of February 2021. The Selection procedure ends in March 2021, when we will announce the top ten finalists whom we will invite to individual presentations of potential partnerships. Among them, we will announce three winners by the end of May 2021 that will be able to implement ARCH UAM flight simulation hubs by September 2021 for free.
3. When is the deadline for submitting?
28.2.2021 23.59 CET
4. How do I withdraw my submission?
If you would like to withdraw from the ARCH UAM Global Challenge, please send us an email to email@example.com.
5. Who can apply?
The application to ARCH UAM Global Challenge is available to city and non-city entities with city government endorsement. Non-city entities can be led by academia, NGOs, accelerators/incubators, and public or private organizations.
6. Can a city submit more than one application?
7. What happens when the cities get selected?
The organizers will contact them with next steps, including:
a. Signing the Letter of Intent
b. SOW (Scope of Work) and timeline agreement
c. Transportation, implementation, and operation of UAM flight simulator
d. Vision and strategy documents, research work and studies, business development activities, local events, workshops, and more.
8. Who will be reviewing the applications?
The Jury of the ARCH UAM Global Challenge will consist of:
- Dr. Vassilis Agouridas, European Innovation Partnership on Smart Cities and Communities and AIRBUS UAM, with focus on Cities, Policymaking and Legislation,
- Daniel Avdagic, AV Living Lab, member of the Ljubljana’s City Council, with focus on User Centric Design and Multimodality, Interoperability, and MaaS development,
- Neri Friedlander, Daimler AG with focus on Investments, Accelerators, Incubators and Startup Ecosystems,
- Andrea Linder, Marketing Manager at Digital Motors Corporation with focus on Marketing, Market Research & Segmentation, Customer Behavior and Public Acceptance
- Jennifer Raffin, Italdesign, with a focus on City Strategies and Visions,
- Luka Velepic, the President of Slovenian-Arab Business Council, with focus on operations, staffing, legal, finance, and project management.
- Matej Vengust, Nervtech, with focus on Simulations, Digital Twins, data analysis and interpretation for implementation,
9. When will applicants be notified about their outcome at the ARCH UAM Global Challenge?
Applicants will be notified by 31st of March 2021 over email, which will be sent to the contact person on the application. The finalists will also be announced on the website www.arch.aero .
10. What language can I submit my application in?
All applications and materials must be in English. Otherwise, they will not be taken into consideration.
THE OVERALL CHALLENGE
1. What are the ARCH UAM Global Challenge prizes?
Winning cities will receive:
• Digital twin of a part of their city (3D map of the city aerial landscape for UAM flight simulation purposes)
• UAM flight simulator for building the UAM Flight Simulation Hub, including on-site implementation, logistics and cargo insurance during delivery (DDP incoterms apply for the winning cities).
• Hardware and software maintenance and support for the period of 6 months from the date of deployment in the winning cities.
• Public recognition in media, events and social networks.
• The right to use the ARCH UAM Global Challenge 2021 Winner graphics
• Official Certificate for being the pioneer UAM city
• Access to all studies and reports, related to ARCH UAM Global Challenge
2. How can I stay up to date with the program?
Please feel free to check our website www.arch.aero for updates. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE PARTNERS
1. Who is organizing the ARCH UAM Global Challenge?
AV Living Lab Ltd.
Smartinska cesta 152, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia, Europe
AV Living Lab is a technology startup, focusing on the development, pilot testing, and implementation of new technologies and business models in their real-life CityLab environment. They are also the organizer of the City as a Lab Summit, where leading brands share their new mobility innovation work. The company has successfully implemented multiple (more than 30) proofs-of-concept, including clients such as Daimler, Google, Toyota, and Volkswagen concern.
Cannon Place, 78 Cannon Street, London, England, EC4N 6AF
Nervtech is a high-tech R&D company specializing in vehicle simulator technologies in the fields of biometric and cognitive driver evaluation, deep machine learning, and data integration. Nervtech is an advanced tool for driver and operator training in variety of driving scenarios. It is also a tool for automatic evaluation of drivers’ performance and collection of physiological and biometrical big data through a set of external medical grade sensoring equipment, synchronized with the simulation software.
2. Whom should I contact in case of additional questions?
In case of additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com.